MicroNIR PAT-L – Viavi (NIR)
MicroNIR PAT-L is a rugged, fast, and maintenance-free transmission spectrometer. It is designed for real-time process monitoring in industrial and pharmaceutical process analytical technology (PAT) applications. The NIR transmission design permits analysis of aqueous and nonaqueous liquids. The PAT-L is available in multiple configurations, specified on order, with a choice of probe material, optical path length, immersion depth, and process flange.
PAT-Lx includes the VIAVI MicroNIR Pro software suite which supports instrument qualification (IQ/OQ) per EP 2.2.40 and USP 1119/1856 test criteria and software tools to meet rigorous Title 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
ATEX certified version of PAT-L is also available!
Viavi MicroNIR PAT-L
Immersion Spectrometer: A robust near infrared (NIR) process spectrometer for liquid analysis
Rugged, fast, and maintenance-free, the MicroNIR PAT-L transmission spectrometer is designed for real-time process monitoring in industrial and pharmaceutical process analytical technology (PAT) applications.
The PAT-L is the newest member of the VIAVI PAT family of miniature process spectrometers. Its compact design and high performance make it ideal for use in industrial processes that require continuous monitoring.
The NIR transmission design permits analysis of aqueous and nonaqueous liquids. The PAT-L is available in multiple configurations, specified on order, with a choice of probe material, optical path length, immersion depth, and process flange.
As a member of the MicroNIR product family, it enables moving directly to production chemometric models and processes developed elsewhere. The PAT-L integrates readily with process equipment of all types and sizes, with the performance and stability to support truly efficient-and scalable-manufacturing.
- All-in-one optical design for ease of installation and cleaning
- Continuous liquid process monitoring in vessels, tanks and pipelines
- Rapid acquisition time for real-time reaction monitoring and high flow liquid streams
- Wide range of transmission path lengths for organic solvents and aqueous solutions
- Full integration of light source and light pipe eliminates fibre optics
- Broadly configurable to meet the needs of most processes
- Optional cooling jacket for high temperature environments
- USB-powered via hardwired cable
- Includes MicroNIR Pro software, a complete data acquisition and chemometric modelling package
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- API synthesis
- Solvent moisture content
- Bio fermentation nutrition monitoring
- Polymerization Process Monitoring
- Polyol hydroxyl number
- Polyurethane and polyisocyanate
- Oil and Gas
- Octane number
- Lubricant properties
- Fuel identification
- Industrial Applications
- Semiconductor cleaning fluids
- Reaction monitoring
- Detergents, paints and coatings
The software suite allows for deployment flexibility from process/product development to manufacturing environments and features audit trails, comprehensive user management, encrypted secure data storage, and many other capabilities required for regulated GMP environments.
- The MicroNIR PAT control software enables easy data acquisition, method investigation, user management, method development, instrument performance qualification per USP 1119 criteria, and the visualisation of moving block standard deviation (MBSD) trends.
- Viavi Unscrambler® X Lite regression and classification software provides a complete set of chemometric tools for calibration model development and data investigation, supporting MBSD model development with %RSD and PCA-based blending tools.
Mounting and Process Integration
The MicroNIR PAT-L has been designed for maximum flexibility to meet the diverse requirements of process integration. A variety of flange mounts and probe lengths are available. Probe body materials include 316L stainless steel and Hastelloy C22. Transmission gaps range from 2mm (for aqueous liquids) to 3,4,5, and 10 mm (for polymers and petrochemicals).
|Optical path lengths
|2, 3, 4, 5, 10 mm
|Probe body materials
|316L stainless steel, Hastelloy C22
EN 1092-1/05/A (5 options):
DN40/PN40, DN50/PN16 or /PN40, DN80/PN16 or /PN40
ASME B16.5 (4 options)
NPS 1.5 Class 150 or 300 RF
|Max pressure rating
|10, 16, 40, 160, 250 bar
|Max immersion depths
|240, 440, 640, 940 mm (no flange)
|Gold coated, high nickel alloy C- ring
|N2, 4 bar
|Probe temperature range
|-30°C to 400°C
Click Here to download the MicroNIR PAT-L data sheet
Process Spectrometer for Analyzing Liquids | MicroNIR PAT-L
Sign up to our newsletter for the most up-to-date development of products, industry news, special offers and much more!