Positive Material Identification – PMI Testing for NDT – KT-100S by Rigaku
Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical and power plants have now put even more stringent positive material identification (PMI) testing programs in place to avoid disastrous tragic accidents and injuries, environmental damage and property loss within Ireland. Catastrophic failures have been attributed to component or equipment failure due to incorrect alloy composition or the incorrect metal grade with some parts being manufactured using sub-par alloys and counterfeit metals that do not meet required specifications.
By adding KT-100S as a PMI tester, you can now identify common alloy grades in less than 2 seconds, eliminate alloy mix-ups, improve product quality, and prevent injuries.
Read more below on how KT-100S from Rigaku is the perfect Positive Material Identification (PMI) and NDT (Non destructive testing) analyser for you and your business.
PMI analyser KT-100S offers unique PMI testing benefits that until now have not been offered using handheld LIBS:
- Results in less than 2 seconds at the touch of 1 button
- Less downtime with 6-hour battery life
- Only MIL STD 810G certified rugged handheld LIBS
- Protection against dust with an IP-54 rating
- GPS tracking
- No argon purge required
PMI tests are performed to confirm that components are in line with alloy composition and grade specifications for corrosion resistance, tolerance of extreme temperatures and processes, and other industrial requirements where metal components are mission critical. PMI testing includes both Retro-PMI for metal components installed within existing plants and also vendor qualification assessments or ongoing monitoring to ensure alloy quality.
Typical methods for PMI testing includes laboratory analysis which is expensive and slow or handheld technology that is either too fragile or too time-consuming to use in the typical plant environment. To address PMI test requirements and efficient PMI testing in challenging harsh scenarios, the KT-100S handheld LIBS was designed to provide you with a new method for ensuring alloy composition.
By adding KT-100S as a PMI tester, you can now identify common alloy grades in less than 2 seconds – at the pull of a trigger. To protect against dusty and harsh work environments, KT-100S handheld LIBS is MIL STD 810G and IP-54 certified durable. KT-100S is more robust and less susceptible to fatigue and downtime all of which are extremely important factors for on and off-site PMI testing operations. Its GPS tracking and macro camera allow for instrument and sample tracking.
Using KT-100S, alloy grade and composition results are clearly displayed which include an element-by-element comparison for the identified alloy grade. Don’t risk costly material mix-ups by relying on Mill Test Reports or Mill Test Certificates. Expand your positive materials identification capabilities by upgrading your PMI testing device today!
- Proprietary 1064nm Class 3B laser excitation with low ocular safety distance (NOCD)
- Miniature, high resolution, high throughput spectrometer with CMOS detector for optimized performance
- Spectral range covering the most relevant alloying elements and spectral features
- User selectable “Drill Down” for surface preparation to enable improved analysis
- Rapid matrix selection, chemical composition and grade ID with no user input required
- Password protected with automatic “sleep mode” for improved safety and battery life
- On-board camera for capturing sample image and bar code reader for easy data entry
- Docking station for battery charging
- Holster for safe keeping when on the move
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery for 6+ hours of continuous operation
- Aluminum alloy verification sample
- Pistol shaped for optimal one-handed operation: 24.3cm
- L x 8.4cm W x 25.7cm H (9.55”L x 3.30”W x 10.10”H) and weighing~1.5kg (3.25lbs)
- MIL-STD-810-G certified rugged/drop tested for reduced repair costs
- IP-54 rated for protection against dust/water for no weather-related delays
- 5” high resolution tiltable screen allows for high visibility in confined spaces and outdoors
- Choice of user interface:
- Smartphone-inspired touchscreen provides fast learning curve
- Large Softkey buttons for one-handed operation while wearing protective gloves
- Unique “Quick Launch” handle buttons enable one-handed operation
- USB, WiFi connection for simple viewing and download to any PC or mobile device
- Easy addition of any alloy grade using Rigaku Library Editor software
- Generate verification certificates that include company logo, photo, data entry and analysis results
- On-board System/Calibration verification program
- Small sample insert for analyzing turnings and other small samples
- Certifications: FDA 1040, CE, ISO 9001:2008 Certified Manufacturing facility
- External battery charger: 100~240VAC
- Operating temperature of 5 to 40°C
- Warranty of 12 months
Modern Scrap Metal Sorting
[videoposter=”//www.antech.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Katana-LIBS-Scrap-Metal-Sorting-Metal-Fabrication-Positive-Material-Identification-MIL-STD-810G-IP-54-PMI-Rigaku-Analytical-Devices-1920×0.jpg”width=”1920″ height=”1080″ mp4=”//www.antech.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/MGLomb-Rigaku-Katana-Video-Final-1080p-07232015-2.mp4″][/video]
Watch KT-100S Environmental & Ruggedness Testing Results
Click Here to download the KT-100S Spec Sheet
Sign up to our newsletter for the most up-to-date development of products, industry news, special offers and much more!
Unit 21, Waterford Business Park,
Cork Road, Waterford
Ireland, X91 P224