MicroNIR PAT-W – Viavi (NIR)
The software package allows for positioning flexibility from process/product development to manufacturing environments and offers audit trails, comprehensive user management, encrypted secure data storage, and several other capabilities required for regulated GMP environments.
ATEX certified version of PAT-W is also available!
The easy-to-use MicroNIR PAT-W was designed for today’s demanding GMP-regulated environments yet requires minimal system maintenance. It has no moving components or expensive fiber optic cables, enabling superior instrument stability and performance in harsh process environments. Its stainless steel/brushed aluminum cabinet resists dust and water to IP67 standards and cleans easily.
- Non-destructive, non-invasive, and real-time near-infrared analysis
- User-selectable WiFi or Ethernet for system control and data communication
- User-replaceable, rechargeable Li-ion battery with over 8 hours of continuous run time
- Integrated multi-axis triggering
- Trigger options for different applications: internal orientation timer, push button, and external
- Real-time moving block standard deviation (MBSD) and %RSD analysis for end-point determinations for blending, drying, granulation, and coating processes
- Washable, IP67-rated enclosure
- Integrated PC enables fast and secure store and forward of collected spectral data
- Blend uniformity
- Fluid bed drying
- Content uniformity
- Moisture content
- Nutritional assay
- Reaction monitoring
The software suite allows for deployment flexibility from process/product development to manufacturing environments and features audit trails, comprehensive user management, encrypted secure data storage, and many other capabilities required for regulated GMP environments.
- The MicroNIR PAT control software enables easy data acquisition, method investigation, user management, method development, instrument performance qualification per USP 1119 criteria, and the visualisation of moving block standard deviation (MBSD) trends.
- Viavi Unscrambler® X Lite regression and classification software provides a complete set of chemometric tools for calibration model development and data investigation, supporting MBSD model development with %RSD and PCA-based blending tools.
Mounting and Process Integration
The MicroNIR PAT-W has been designed with maximum flexibility in mind to meet the many different criteria for process integration. It integrates into a process with three different mounts:
This includes a modified DN90 flange, a 2” sanitary (hygienic) flange mount, a sapphire window, and a retaining ring with O-rings. The modified DN90 flange is welded into a hole cut in the lid of a blender and then the sanitary flange mount, window, and retaining ring are assembled. The PAT-W with an adjustable collet then secures against the window and a sanitary flange using a standard tri-clover clamp (or C-clamp). All pieces disassemble for easy cleaning and maintenance.
This method uses the same adjustable collet and tri-clover clamp approach, but instead of mounting against a sapphire window, a sealed window and bore seal are attached to the PAT-W and these come into direct contact with the material being measured.
When used on a rotating blender, the PAT-W features an integrated 9-axis inertial measurement unit (IMU) that contains a 3-axis gyroscope, a 3-axis magnetometer, and a 3-axis accelerometer. The IMU enables highly accurate and repeatable triggering of the PAT-W .
|Illumination source||Two integrated vacuum tungsten lamps|
|Bulb life||>40,000 hours|
|Illumination geometry||Flood illumination/ 0° observer|
|Input aperture dimensions||2.5 x 3.0 mm|
|Sample working distance||0-15 mm from window|
|Dispersing element||Linear variable filter|
|Detector||128-pixel InGaAs photodiode array|
|Pixel size/pitch||30 µm x 250 µm/50 µm|
|Wavelength range||950 – 1650 nm (10,526 – 6060 cm-1)|
|Pixel-to-pixel interval||6.2 nm for 950-1650 nm|
|Spectral bandwidth (FWHM)||<1.25% of center wavelength (1% typical) (for example, @1000 nm, resolution is <12.5 nm)|
|Analog-to-digital Convertor||16 bit|
|Dynamic range (max)||1000:1|
|Measurement time (typical)||0.25 – 0.5 second|
|Integration time||10 ms typical, minimum 10 µsec, maximum limited by dark signal|
|Computer interface||TCP/IP Cat5 Ethernet 802.11 g WiFi|
|Spectrometer weight||Less than 1.4 kg (3 lb)|
|Size||160 mm x 136 mm x 136 mm|
(6.3 in x 5.37 in x 5.37 in)
|Power||Battery: 7.5 V @6.4 Ah for >8 hr run time|
External: 110-240 V AC
|Data format||Encrypted, Unsb, CSV, and SPC output|
|Operating system||Windows 8.1, 8, and 7|
|Software available||MicroNIR PAT, Unscrambler X Lite, MicroNIR Process|
|Operating temperature||0 – 40 deg C (non-condensing)|
|Enclosure||Stainless steel and aluminum: dust and waterproof, sealed and cleanable to IP67 standard|
|Trigger||Internal 9-axis IMU, external 24 V input|
|Mounting||Adaptable stainless steel tri-clover mount|
Stainless steel and aluminum: dust and waterproof, sealed and cleanable to IP67 standard
Internal 9-axis IMU, external 24 V input
Adaptable stainless steel tri-clover mount
Click Here to download White Paper – PAT-W for Blend Endpoint Analysis in a High Dosage Product
Click Here to download Application note – Combining a Compact PAT Analyzer, Analytics, and Applications in QbD Environment
Sign up to our newsletter for the most up-to-date development of products, industry news, special offers and much more!
Unit 21, Waterford Business Park,
Cork Road, Waterford
Ireland, X91 P224
Tel: +44 (0)20 346 898 13