QuickDetect for Trace Analysis – ResQ CQL by Rigaku
The QuickDetect is a complementary technology to existing ResQ CQL handheld Raman analysers and is ideal for testing unseen trace samples, or as an alternative technology for thermally sensitive materials. The QuickDetect mode provides automated colorimetrics for residues or non-visible amounts. Colorimetric detection involves applying a chemical reagent to an unknown material or sample and observing a color reaction. The CQL’s camera captures an image of a pouch after the colorimetric test has been performed. After the analysis, results are displayed, including the type of substance detected. The QuickDetect colorimetric test is available for:
QuickDetect is optional on ResQ CQL product lines and is compatible with MobileDetect pouches – ideal for trace amounts, residues or non-visible substances. The rapid response time, easy operation, ability to identify colored materials and through packaging, as well as the ability to now detect trace amounts, demonstrates how the ResQ CQL 1064 nm Raman analyzer is the instrument of choice for the safety & security industry.
QuickDetect mode provides automated colorimetrics for trace or non-visible amounts to existing ResQ CQL handheld Raman analyzers. This new features removes the human-error and subjectivity of traditional color reagent kits to help keep first responders safer. By combining the industry’s most advanced 1064 nm handheld Raman analysis with QuickDetect, users can experience the first field-ready Raman tool to provide both bulk and trace analysis for hazardous chemicals, narcotics, explosives, and chemical warfare agents in seconds.
The ResQ CQL is the only handheld Raman available with this detection capability.
QuickDetect colorimetric test for Explosives:
• Inorganic Nitrates
• Nitrate Esters
QuickDetect colorimetric test for Narcotic:
• MDMA / Ecstasy
How the QuickDetect Feature Works
- Colorimetric detection involves applying a chemical reagent to an unknown material or sample and observing a color reaction.
- Common color reactions are known and indicate to the user if there is a particular material present and in many cases the group of materials from which the material is derived
- The CQL’s camera captures an image of a pouch after the colorimetric test has been performed and runs custom detection algorithms
- After the analysis has been performed, the results are displayed including the type of substance detected, an image of the analyzed pouch, and the date/time
- On the result screen, users can also include notes to help organize and maintain the details of the test.
When to Use the QuickDetect Feature
- For minute or unseen trace samples
- For surfaces not in an optimal position relative the CQL laser’s focal point.
- As an alternative technology for thermally sensitive material
Watch the ResQ CQL detect non-visible amounts of Methamphetamine
Detection of non-visible amounts of TATP (Explosive)
Sign up to our newsletter for the most up-to-date development of products, industry news, special offers and much more!